If you are planning a move in or out of Atlanta, Georgia, be it your home or your business, proper moving technique is important to ensure that your possessions are securely packed and don’t get damaged during the move. If you are unsure how to go about organizing your Atlanta move, contact the relocation professionals at Bulldog Movers. We have been helping Georgia residents move since 1982.
We have been in the moving business for over 20 years, and we only employ full-time, experienced movers, not day laborers or subcontractors, to ensure that your Atlanta move is in capable, trustworthy hands. Plus, we even offer custom crating for fragile tems. If you choose not to take advantage of our professional packing service, here are some tips to keep in mind when you are packing up your home or office for a move in Georgia, out of state, or even overseas:
- Wrap furniture in blankets or bubble wrap. Don’t tape to wood or painted surfaces when securing your padding, as this may cause damage with the tape is removed, especially in humid climates.
- Coat fine wood furnishings with wax to prevent scratching.
- Use large cushions as padding for other items in your moving truck, and pack drawers and cabinets tightly to save space during your Atlanta move.
- Try to pack your computers and electronic equipment in their original boxes if you still have them, and if possible, attempt to double box your electronics.
- Immobilize moving parts and color-code wires for easier reinstallation.
- Do not pack CDs, software, or other temperature-sensitive materials in your truck when moving during warmer seasons or in high humidity.
Dishes and glassware:
- Pack plates on their sides and place dishtowels or other cushioning on the bottom and sides of the boxes.
- Wrap dishes and glassware in tissue and fill in empty spaces with newspaper to provide more padding.